1. Cut the avocado in half by holding a knife steady in one hand and turning the avocado against the knife with the other hand. Twist the halves apart. 00:12
2. To remove the pit from the avocado, carefully tap the pit with the knife, partially wedging the blade in the pit. Lightly twist the avocado to dislodge the pit and remove. 00:24
3. Scoop the avocado meat out with a spoon and place into a blender. 00:36
4. Squeeze the juice of the lime half into the blender. Add the jalapeño pepper, salt, and olive oil. Place the top on the blender and process until smooth. 01:00
5. With a spatula, scoop the mousse into a bowl. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for a day or two. If holding for later, place the avocado pit in the mousse and cover the dish with plastic wrap to prevent oxidation and browning. 02:10
What You'll Need
- Chef's knife
- Metal spoon
- Avocado (4)
- Lime (2)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Jalapeño pepper (1, chopped)
- Olive Oil (2 tablespoons)
Always save the avocado pit. Place it in the avocado mousse or any avocado-based spread to help it stay green and fresher.
Use a blender, not a food processor, to achieve the best mousse consistency.