1. Pat and rub the basil to release the natural oils. Place the basil, cherries, and cherry liquor into a tall glass and muddle everything together. 00:14
2. Add the balsamic vinegar, whiskey, and ice to the glass. Place a cocktail shaker on top of the glass and shake well. 00:45
3. Pour the drink into a rocks glass. Garnish with a cherry and micro basil, and serve. 01:03
What You'll Need
- Tall mixing glass
- Cocktail shaker
- Rocks glass for serving
- Basil (1 large leaf)
- Cherries (3)
- Cherry liquor (2 teaspoons)
- Balsamic vinegar (1/2 teaspoon)
- Whiskey (2 ounces)
- Ice (to fill)
Brooks Cherries are vibrant, red, and juicy cherries available in late spring. They're great for cooking or eating raw.
Chef Nyesha prefers Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey, but any bourbon whiskey will suffice.
For a break down on muddling check out Jeff Leanheart's "How to Muddle a Cocktail" tutorial in the related videos bar below.