What You'll Need
- Medium mixing bowl
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
- Mayonnaise (1 cup)
- Capers, chopped (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- Shallots, minced (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- Worcestershire sauce (2 teaspoons)
- Dijon mustard (2 teaspoons)
- Pickle, chopped (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- Fresh parsley (1 tablespoon, chopped)
- Lemon (1/2, juiced)
- Tabasco sauce (as needed)
This sauce can be varied to taste, adding more or less of each ingredient depending on personal preference.
Tabasco sauce is an ideal hot sauce for this remoulade since it adds heat, flavor, color, and vinegar.
Salt is not added directly but is incorporated through the capers and pickles. Of course, it may be added, as desired.