1. Use a piping bag to deposit a small amount of fried chicken mousse onto the middle of a serving plate. Place the fried chicken tuile cracker on top of the mousse. Add a larger dollop of mousse to the top of the cracker. 01:21
2. Use an offset spatula to place a small amount of fermented mustard seeds on top of the mousse. 01:55
3. Pinch off a small handful of fried chicken cotton candy and use your fingers to form a loose ball. Balance the cotton candy in the center of the cracker, over the mousse and mustard seeds. 02:18
4. Sprinkle a pinch of creole seasoning over the cotton candy. Use a pair of tweezers to place the chopped dill around the top of the cotton candy. 02:33
What You'll Need
- Serving plate
- Disposable piping bag
- Small offset spatula
- Needle-point tweezers
- Fried chicken tuile cracker (1)
- Fried chicken mousse (1 tablespoon)
- Fried chicken cotton candy (1/4 cup)
- Fermented mustard seeds (1 teaspoon)
- Dill, fresh and chopped (4 to 5 pieces)
- Creole spice blend (1 pinch)
To learn how to make the fried chicken components of this dish, visit the related tutorials located on the bottom of the page.
To learn about creole seasoning and how to make a creole spice blend, visit Chef Wilfredo Avelar’s “An Overview of Creole Seasoning” tutorial located on the bottom of the page.
Fermented mustard seeds are yellow mustard seeds that have been soaked in sherry vinegar for one to two weeks.